Heavy stuff always happens in the season finales. People usually die. There are always surprises. But now that Klaus is dead (?), who else is going to die? Or did Klaus fill the dying quota of the finale season?
Here's what we know-
- Elena, Damon, and Stefan are safe. The finale is called "The Departed" and one of them is going to leave, but we know they are too intregal to the story to be killed off. (Or even be gone for more than one episode.) The real question is, will Elena ever become a vampire? Will she become a vampire in this finale? I don't think they're going to turn her into a vampire quite yet, but I think they eventually will. The other real question is: Which Salvatore is leaving town? Who will Elena pick? Now, I know who I want her to pick, but who I want her to pick and who she will pick are two completely different stories. I have mixed theories. A part of me thinks she'll pick Stefan because 1. Stefan is safe. 2. She's had a relationship with him before, so there are still some of those feelings left. 3. He will always protect her. 4. She loves him. And then there's a part of me that thinks she'll pick Damon because 1. Damon is a little more wild and dangerous. 2. He will always protect her. 3. She hasn't had a relationship with him before, and therefore it'd be a little more exciting. 4. She loves him.
They are both excellent candidates.
- Bonnie is safe. She is the only main character who is a witch. She is inexpendable. I wish she were expendable, though.
- I'm pretty sure Jeremy is safe. He does have a record of dying, or almost dying, in season finales (and openers), but I don't think they would kill off the only family Elena has left. That would just be cruel. (And it would be cruel to us to take Jer off our screens.) Especially after good! Alaric died.
- Rebekah is safe. We still need some original craziness in our lives, right? And with Klaus gone, who's going to mix it up in Mystic Falls? (Besides evil!Alaric, of course.) Besides, Rebekah's story is too sad to be over.
- I think Matt is safe. He seems to be the most expendable character, because he's human and all that, but I think we need a human character to bring us down to earth with all the supernatural stuff going on. But then again, Jenna died. And she was just as human as Matt. But still. I don't think Matt will die.
Here's what we I think-
- Caroline and Tyler are in danger. Both of their characters are super awesome, but with a show that likes to kill off our favorite characters, who knows? They both bring different elements to the show, but honestly, they are sub-characters in relation to Elena, Damon, and Stefan. They don't have a super special thing about them. (i.e. Being a main witch, or the only human left.) I mean, Tyler is a hybrid, but there are a bunch of hybrids in the world, he's broken his sire bond, so there's not a lot of conflict left there. [Yet...? ;) ] I would be really upset if either of them died, though.
- Evil!Alaric is in danger. I think they could drag out this storyline for a while and make it super awesome, but on the other hand, all the main characters have said goodbye to good!Alaric, and might have to kill evil!Alaric because of all his evil-ness.
- Someone's parent might die. Either Tyler's or Caroline's or Bonnie's.
- Finn will come back and die. (Oh wait, I forgot that already happened.)
I always end up thinking, "That character is too awesome to be killed off." But then they go and kill them. Like, they just killed Klaus. I didn't think that that would ever actually happen. I thought they would kill evil!Alaric before they killed Klaus. I thought they would kill off every other character before Klaus died. Which brings me to this next point-Do you really think Klaus is dead? Will he come back?
Who do you think will die in the finale?
Do you think anyone will die?
Who do you think is safe?
Then again, we're in Mystic Falls.
Is anyone ever really safe...?
(image credit for preview photo)